Sunday, May 18, 2008

Fast Car

YATA! I did it!

Last Friday (May 16, 2008), the Product Anlysis Group of Analog Devices Gen. Trias had a meeting. And one of the agenda was introducing the new members of the family. I am in the list and I thank everybody in th PA Group for the warm welcome though it was cold and raining outside. There were three slides (I think) that were presented. Everything was fine until the last slide was shown. Boss Buddy will be transfering to another group. I was observing everybody. The conference room was quiet, they were shocked. How should I react when I only joined the group last Wednesday? I felt sad though. I can see that Boss Buddy is a great and supportive boss even if I have known him for days.

Anyway, what has "YATA! I did it!" to do with this blog? Earlier before the last slide was shown, there is this tradition that new members of the family showcase their talents. I did mine. Guess what I did? Let me read your mind...is it card magic? You are right! The time was limited so I had to think of an effect that works well. I brought the house down. YATA!!! I wasn't satisfied with my presentation though, so...during break times just ask me to show you my magic. I know I am not good enough in magic (I'm still one year old in the magic world). So don't compare me to David Blaine. My skills and talents are 1/10 of his.

I did it! A good teacher of mine once adviced me with regards to my skills and talents. He said that in order to be noticed, be different. If it requires you to look stupid and funny, do so. It will develop your self esteem. But please, don't overdo it because over funny and over confident will bring you down.

A confession: I like somebody right now, but will she even notice me? I don't care. But if she did, then whoa! I love performing magic to anybody. I love magic.

No comments: