Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Countdown

May 16 will be the BIG day and my blog site is two weeks old!

Eleven days from now, I will be deployed in the field. Mixed emotions. Scared? I think not. More of being excited. Workitopia here I come!

From 7.8% unemployment rate last January 2007, it has dropped by 0.4% last January 2008 (more at
http://www.census.gov.ph/data/pressrelease/2008/lf0801tx.html). Yet many of our countrymen are still hungry. I am optimistic that the figures will continue to drop. I feel blessed that I am employed after graduation. I still haven't taken the ECE licensure exam but I will take it next year.

Before I decided to take the job offer, I ask for several insights. One of my mentors in the review center told me that I should have taken the exam last March 2008. Forget about the job offers first. He told me that jobs are everywhere when I have my license. Job is instant when I have it. Unfortunately, I accepted the offer. I talked with him after I accepted the offer, he told me that I am damn lucky. I told him, "Blessed, I think sir."

Well, that's it for now. I love the song I'm listening right now...If I Am by Nine Days.

No comments: