Saturday, April 19, 2008

I Am But A Small Voice

I have a lot of insecurities (poor those who doesn't have one). I am insecure to somebody who is wiser than I am, richer than I am, more talented than I am, more attractive than I am, and many to mention. Why does God make somebody greater than I am? Simply because He wants me to be challenged. Everyday, I meet a lot of people who are better, greater, and whateverer than I am.

Two days ago, I bought the book Tuesdays With Morrie (For those who know me that much, I guess you are laughing at me right now). I am amazed how Morrie embraced the truth of the time left for his life. If most of us were in his shoes we would probably get sad. We might get mad at the world, we might mess the remaining minutes of our lives, we might do negative this and that. But not Morrie. Though I haven't finished reading the book yet (due to technical reasons...damn, when do I get to poo poo that book), I am awakened by the truth. One must think of dying in order to live. Sounds weird, but it is true. From Og Mandino's book The Greatest Salesman, one of the scrolls is "I live today as if it were my last." Today is today. It is not tomorrow, not yesterday, but today. How am I relating this to my insecurities? First I acknowledge that I am inferior, then I get rid of it, then I am challenged. I strive for my survival. I eat those who are better than me (just kidding). I strive for the better me not tomorrow, but today. Each day is a today. Scientifically, you will be asked: How do you evolve?.

Oh man, how's the Wall Street doing lately?

No comments: