4th of June 2008. 6:50 a.m. A month from now it will be the 4th of July. But this blog has nothing to do with USA's 4th of July.
Two shuttles passed before my eyes. I wasn't in either of those shuttles. Consequence? Might get late for work. It's great that jeepneys come in handy.
From the apartment, I had a two-minute walk to the hi-way. Then the shuttles passed by. Then I decided to take the jeepney. Manong driver was so patient in waiting for the other passengers while there I was impatient waiting for the other passengers. When I arrived in Manggahan, I stepped out of the jeepney and waited for a different jeepney bound to where I work. It was 7:20 a.m. Tic toc, tic toc. I felt that I am almost out of time. I didn't ride in the jeepney with "patient" drivers (if you get what I mean). So, I found myself inside an unregistered jeepney. Hassle-free. I arrived at the gate 7:27 a.m.
"Will I get late?" 7:35 a.m. is the allowed time for not to be marked with Late. And of course, no salary deduction. I walked hurriedly towards the entrance of our company. It was 7:33 a.m. in my watch. Two minutes left then I will be offically called a latecomer (Oh, just like school days..hehe, well I didn't get late often. I was often absent! haha).
Finally I arrived at the entrance/exit door. It was 7:36 a.m. in my cellphone. Oh crap! I am late. I rushed at the swiping zone to log in. It was amazing. The time reads 7:30 a.m. I did it! Oh, I almost forgot. The set time in my cellphone is plus 6 minutes with reference to our company's set time. Whew! That was close.
I thank God for He did it again. Just like the song Love Moves in Mysterious Ways. I say God is Love. He works in mysterious ways.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment